Net Zero Research & Data Team Leader
Posted Feb 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 114094
At Bloomberg, we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to address climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
Our offerings are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for the development of Net Zero Transition focused data solutions for Bloomberg, and work across key climate initiatives.
As part of the Net Zero Research & Data Team you will have a direct impact on global efforts to fight climate change. This is the chace to have an enormous impact on supporting the global financial sector’s work to stop climate change and ensuring that financing and capital allocation decisions occur in ways that enable the world to reach net zero by 2050 in line with the objectives of the Paris Agreement.
As Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively lead, empower, and develop a team.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills through prior experience whether that be formal or informal leadership.
- Retain, mentor, and hire team members of an impactful team.
- Present to senior management, demonstrating key success criteria and ensuring the delivery of goals and continued team development.
- Collaborate extensively with global peers and partners across Data, Product, and Engineering.
- Run large and sophisticated data projects related to emissions datasets, with a particular focus on industry and company specific emission reduction targets.
- Serve as a subject matter authority to drive our product outcomes and navigate across internal and external partner groups. Apply subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management.
- Make strategic decisions and operate with flexibility in a changing environment.
You'll need to have:
- 5+years of experience working within the climate data, climate finance or climate policy space
- BA/BS in Environmental Science, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other quantitative science
- Deep knowledge of carbon footprint accounting methodologies, with strong preference for familiarity with emissions reduction target setting and key climate disclosure standards such as TCFD, ISSB, and EFRAG.
- A collaborative approach and outstanding relationship building and communication skills.
- The flexibility to work in a high paced, demanding & dynamic work environment.
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python.
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English.
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, sophisticated, and fast paced environment with high degree of self-motivation and willingness to learn intricate business and technology processes.
- Detail oriented, collaborative and consensus builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact and communicate with clients at all levels.
- Extensive experience bringing complex products to market.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.