Network Operations Team Leader - Weekend Shift
Posted Aug 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 68682
The Bloomberg Network Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting one of the largest private networks in the world. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support and development of the Bloomberg Network which is integral to the success of the company. You will be required to work as part of a team that ensures our customers have 24/7 access to the Network in order for them to run their business successfully. You will provide reactive support to customers networking issues as well as proactive project work to ensure the Bloomberg network maintains its position at the leading edge of network design and low latency delivery of data to our customers.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Manage a team that is accountable during the hours of 8am-5pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Conduct Evaluation and coordinate career development of team members
- Coordinate schedules
- Understand, contribute and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Escalate any network related matters accordingly
- Project manage varying sized projects to Prince2/Agile methodology
- Contribute to policies and procedures to make the department more productive and efficient
You’ll Need To Have:
- Previous Leadership Experience, managing a team with the following: Strong Leadership qualities including communication, organisation and integrity
- Strong technical knowledge of firewalls, routers, and WAN technologies
- Networking Degree, or similar, industry standard networking or Server qualifications (e.g. CCNA, JNCIA, or Linux), or relevant work experience
- Project management experience
- Customer service experience
We’d Love To See:
- Programming, scripting, and reporting experience
- Understanding of financial markets and underlying technologies in data
- Knowledge of Data Centre build and design fundamentals
- Exchange Feed knowledge
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.