Network Security Engineer - London
Posted Jan 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 73052
Bloomberg has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Senior Network Security Engineer within the newly formed (NSRE) Network System Reliability Engineering team in London. The team is responsible for the solution engineering, implementation, stability and support of Bloomberg's global multi-vendor network, which is one of the world's largest private networks spanning over 100 node sites and connecting clients globally to over 1,500 exchanges, market data, and order entry venues.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s network security infrastructure. You will handle these systems effectively in order to maintain and safeguard access to Bloomberg’s data across all aspects of the company including our financial products and news & media businesses, data centres, and internal IT infrastructure, on a global scale.
We'll trust you to:
- Support network functionality including load balancers, proxies, firewalls, monitoring and mitigation devices
- Investigate, triage, and resolve issues related to network security as they occur
- Meet project deadlines and targets
- Handle continuous refinement of processes and procedures with a focus on standardizing the work and shifting it to operational support teams
- Draft network diagrams, perform network planning and implement changes
You’ll need to have:
- Solid experience in the field of Network Security
- Knowledge of Symantec Web access suite in particular Proxy SG
- Knowledge of Firewall platforms (Checkpoint and/or Palo Alto) including deployment/configuration experience
- Knowledge of Web access troubleshooting and solving complex web issues
- Experience resolving application connectivity issues
- Basic experience with programming languages in particular Python and/or YAML
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Solid grasp of general networking and DMZ design (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, TCP/IP, Packet trace and analysis)
- Experience with building, reviewing and maintaining operational documentation and providing training on new procedures to appropriate support teams
- Flexibility and willingness to work off hours and weekends when the situation requires
We’d love to see:
- Hands-on experience with Load balancers (Radware/F5) and/or Juniper SRX series
- Experience with automation techniques used in security deployment and maintenance– Ansible, Postman, Checkpoint/Palo Alto API interaction
- Experience using Agile and Jira (e.g. Kanban or Scrum)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk and Grafana
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.techatbloomberg.com.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.