Network Site Reliability Engineer
Posted Oct 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 110486
The Bloomberg Network is one of the largest private networks in the world, spanning over 100 pop sites and connecting clients globally to over 1,500 exchanges, which is integral to the success of the company. The Network System Reliability Engineering (NSRE) team at Bloomberg is responsible for the design, reliability and performance of the network infrastructure. We provide connectivity for internal and external business applications alike.
We are responsible for life cycle management of the network architecture including planning, automation, implementation and monitoring. We work closely with other Engineering teams, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) and product managers across the enterprise. The NSRE team drives technology forward utilising Bloomberg's private network, The Internet and the Public Clouds for business and client needs. We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join the team.
We'll trust you to:
- Use DevOps principles to script and automate workflows following industry standard methodologies
- Plan, design, implement and handle the life cycle of network projects in the data centre and WAN environment
- Take ownership, work independently on problems and handle critical issues from various business units
- Measure key performance metrics within Bloomberg’s network and proactively identify problems
- Work in an Agile manner, be data-driven and ready to adjust the course
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of programming Languages such as Python or equivalent
- Experience with provisioning and building infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Salt, and Terraform
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX/Linux tools
- An interest in keeping up to date with the newest technologies
- A good understanding of SRE disciplines
We'd love to see:
- A good understanding of network design, configurations and protocols
- Preferred networking vendor experience with Arista, Cisco and Juniper
- Experience working with at least one Cloud service provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Operational experience with capture and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, Humio, Corvil, Fmad and Riverbed/Wireshark is helpful
- Technology experience such as SDN/SD-WAN, CDNs, Internet IXP, Whitebox Solutions
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.