You're one of those people who have a passion about energy, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You are self – motivated and future – thinking person. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to deeply analyse complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our London office, working on our annual long-term forecast – the New Energy Outlook as part of the Bloomberg New Energy Finance team. This is the firm's flagship global report that synthesises the ongoing research activities of all our regional and sector specialists into a single house view.
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers driving change in the energy system. Through our energy markets analysis division we help our clients understand how increasing renewables build, the rapidly changing economics of power generation, the evolving demand side and changing regulatory environment affect the future of the global energy system, and translate this into client-relevant business impacts.
We’ll trust you to:
- Undertake quantitative modelling and develop a qualitative understanding of country and technology – level trends
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues producing analysis across the global energy transition, exposing you to cutting edge research from across a range of sectors and technologies. You will incorporate their analysis as well as feed yours into their research
- Build a deep understanding of power market dynamics through fundamental modelling and interaction with regional and sectoral BNEF experts
- Lead research and undertake analysis on the evolution of the global power markets in terms of economics of power generating technologies and system characteristics in the medium and long term
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
You’ll need to have:
- Strong interest in the transformation of the energy sector
- Working knowledge in energy markets and economics, covering ideally multiple fuels (e.g. coal, gas, renewables) and technologies.
- Professional experience in an energy, consulting, strategy or financial organisation.
- Academic background in a numerate discipline
- The confidence and intellectual curiosity to thrive in an analytical environment
- Exceptional quantitative skills, comfort with large databases and excel modelling
- Familiarity with analysing and interpreting energy data and trends targeting energy supply and demand.
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate and assess new and highly technical information
- Track record of working effectively in a close-knit and collaborative team
- Strong organisational and time-management skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Creativity, problem solving and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong communication and report writing skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience in coal, gas and/or power markets
- Experience working on projects which involve long-term planning,
- Post-graduate level degree in a relevant field
- Exposure to, and general interest in, business development & sales work
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.