News & Media Pricing & Inventory Analyst - 6 month Contract
Posted Jul 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 117527
We're seeking a Pricing & Inventory Analyst to join Bloomberg's Global Pricing and Inventory Team. You will work across all of our media assets including Digital, TV, Social, Audio, and Print. You'll be responsible for maximizing our inventory to ensure we are properly and effectively monetising our advertising assets through data driven strategic analyses, while having the ability to effectively translate and adjust to sales and operational needs. You're both data driven and strategic in your approach to solving problems and supporting overarching organisational initiatives.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with sales, planning and campaign management and ad operations on deal packaging, pricing and approval to help meet client needs while ensuring that we are maximizing yield
- Be deeply immersed in the inventory, pricing and revenue data; fluent at translating the data to many different groups; and quick to understand the story within the data and have the ability to take action
- Identify inventory trends and develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports and models to expose inventory risks and revenue opportunities
- Adjust pricing in reaction to sell-through levels to ensure we are meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Monitor and collaborate with groups across the organisation to ensure and improve margins across all assets
- Manage the product catalogues and rate cards across all platforms
- Help manage relationships with vendors/partners who provide business intelligence tools
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years* of experience within digital ad sales including TV, Social, Audio, and Print
- Relevant and proven experience in advertising, media or finance with a strong background in either Digital or TV
- A strong mathematical and analytical background
- Expertise in using Microsoft Excel with the ability to do power pivot and power query
- An ability to extract and manipulate a variety of data for all groups across the organisation
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and comfort with large amounts of data
- Excellent organisational and project-management skills
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, interpersonal required
- An ability to multi task and work with multiple teams
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com?