Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96431
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research. The economists also produce previews of major data releases and economic events, analysis of the numbers as they break, daily regional briefs and a weekly call on global events.
With more than 100 reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has unrivalled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it is heading. Our economists deliver deep insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We’ll trust you to:
- Focus on the economies of Sweden and Norway
- Produce insightful research, comprehensive economic forecasts and speedy analysis of data releases and central bank meetings
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to stories written by journalists
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients
You'd need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in economic analysis, with proven expertise in analyzing Nordic economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term structural challenges
- A graduate degree in economics
- English fluency - other languages a plus
- Energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis, eschewing ideological or political points of view
- Ability to generate readable and insightful content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends
- Practical experience of generating or coordinating forecasts would be preferred. And applications from those with policy experience and/or strong econometrics skills are encouraged
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.