Oil Markets Reporter
Posted Mar 14, 2018 - Requisition No. 65975
Bloomberg's oil trading team is at the forefront of covering global oil markets. A crucial element of our market-leading product is tracking ships and building cargo-flow histories to combine with the best breaking news around. We are seeking someone who can mix the analytic skills for tanker tracking with the journalistic flair to bring that work to life.
You are an experienced reporter with excellent writing skills, an eye for a good story and a can-do attitude. You pay attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it's breaking news for a professional audience, a blog post or being interviewed on TV.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover oil trading, in particular of refined fuels, in Europe and Africa
- Track ships and build carefully checked data sets on your findings
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world
- Plan ahead for news events
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience* reporting, preferably on oil markets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Experience of working of data journalism would be a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.