Operations Analyst - Regulatory Reporting
Posted Feb 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 88642
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been unrelenting for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, EMIR, MiFIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business on top of our award winning MiFIR regulatory reporting hub and complementing our regulated entities (ARM & APA). We’re looking for a reporting operations specialist with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions.
What’s the role?
You will join the BRRS team as a Regulatory Reporting Operations Analyst. You'll have direct responsibility for defining, developing, testing and executing the operational oversight of BRRS’s Regulatory Reporting solutions. You will have a good comprehension of regulatory obligations in the Reporting space e.g. EMIR, SFTR or MIFIR, among others.
You’ll have excellent data wrangling, manipulation and analysis skills and will understand how to convert raw data into operational information and management insights. You will know what’s important and how to identify data exceptions, trends, anomalies and patterns that will help us get under the skin of our regulatory reporting flows. You will also know how to work with technology teams to precisely specify the data that’s required in order to create regular operational processes. You will define the operating metrics and KPI’s that will be used to evaluate the health of the BRRS regulatory reporting operational flows.
The tools and reports that you define and create in partnership with engineering and product teams will be leveraged to monitor the day to day operations of our services, understand the health of both internal and client workflows, identify possible operational or regulatory breaches before clients or regulators identify them in their own data.
You will be responsible for detailed impact analysis of any possible client or Bloomberg exceptions and helping compliance and engineering teams to understand the full impact of system issues on the reporting operations.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build and maintain the operational oversight framework for our regulatory reporting business
- Proactively seek out and find the data that’s required to gain a complete understanding of our front to back regulatory reporting operations
- Present your ad hoc findings to management, compliance and risk teams to help them understand the data
- Provide regular reports to executive committees and board meetings that are accurate, complete and up to date, allowing business management and compliance to make informed decisions.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to understand the details of our products, workflows and data processing
- Build a disciplined and repeatable process that empowers Product, Business - Management, Account Management, Support and Implementation teams to fully understand the state of day to day operations
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years experience in operations on either or both the Buy-side and Sell-side of Derivatives trading.
- Direct experience in implementing operational oversight solutions for one or more of the regulations in our current sweet-spot [MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR, DFA, MAS, ASIC, HKMA, JFSA]
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, electronic execution, trade & transaction reporting, trade repositories, and front to back office workflows
- Excellent data management and manipulation capabilities including advanced MS Excel skills
We’d love to see: (Optional)
- Experience with leading data visualization and BI tools e.g. Qlikview
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.