Posted Sep 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 95436
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an aggressive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, and news and media services nurtures innovation and empowers clients and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
What’s the role?
We are currently looking for a UK Experienced Payroll Analyst to join the team in London. As part of our continuous development and growth strategy, we are looking for a Payroll Professional to join our corporate Payroll department based in London. Working as part of our Global Team, you will assist the co-ordination of highly complex in-house payroll activities.
Within this role you will be expected to process UK payroll operations, whilst ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You are happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, they are client-service oriented with excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Process UK monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner (in accordance with UK legislation and monthly deadlines on PeopleSoft system).
- Administer payroll related details on our HR/Payroll system.
- Perform reconciliations and audit tasks for monthly payrolls.
- Carry out the accurate transmission of banking payments and bank accounts reconciliation.
- Provide high level of customer service via Payroll Help Desk, e-mails and in person on a variety of queries of varying complexity to our Bloomberg employees.
- Continuously look to improve the efficiency of day-to-day payroll operations through work processes improvements.
- Advise on compensation, legislation, benefits and tax related issues.
- The role may also include payroll within our EMEA region
- Work in collaboration with Finance, Treasury, Human Resources and Engineering Teams on project initiatives and other system enhancements & testing as and when required.
You’ll need to have:
- Previous 5+ experience* in UK payroll required (must be In-house payroll).
- Demonstrate current and up to date UK payroll knowledge of legislation including Tax, NI, SMP and SSP- NIC and PAYE.
- Ability to calculate manual salary and tax calculations
- Working knowledge of a Peoplesoft Payroll/HR system.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in every aspect of the role is essential.
- Ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement them under pressure.
- A proactive team player who can add value whilst meeting tight daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivots) and working knowledge of Word, Power Point, etc. *Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- P60 and P11d experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of Workday software systems
- Experience / participation in projects using agile methodology & JIRA Board
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.