Posted Apr 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 102325
The energy of a newsroom, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, the pace of a trading floor; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces! We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the Role?
You're an experienced photo editor with proven picture judgment and advanced knowledge of industry standard photo editing tools including Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, FTP, CMS/DAM systems. You know how to create photo-driven features and have the skills to create them. You are aware of global current events in business, finance and politics and are passionate about bringing in visual elements that will help us continue to evolve our journalism. We're looking for you to join our photo team, where you'll be challenged to work with speed, accuracy and efficiency and be involved in almost every platform that Bloomberg offers. This is a part-time 20 hour per week position in London where you will source/assign photography for Bloomberg stories on all Bloomberg platforms as well as receive, edit and send content to clients.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant photo editing experience
- Knowledge of image licensing, permissions and potential legal implications
- Existing relationships with a range of photographers/videographers and the desire to continue developing them and recruit
- The flexibility to rapidly interpret text and appropriately match with appropriate imagery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to perform in a fast-paced global environment and meet urgent deadlines
We'd love to see:
- Experience with graphic/web design, html/CSS, multimedia storytelling, Premiere Pro/Final Cut and audio
- A 'roll your sleeves up' mentality
- A strategic problem solver
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org