Posted Oct 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 96984
The energy of a newsroom, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough, the pace of a trading floor; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces! We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the Role?
You're an experienced photo editor with proven picture judgment and advanced knowledge of industry standard photo editing tools including Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, FTP, CMS/DAM systems. You know how to create photo-driven features and have the skills to create them. You are aware of global current events in business, finance and politics and are passionate about bringing in visual elements that will help us continue to evolve our journalism. We're looking for you to join our photo team, where you'll be challenged to work with speed, accuracy and efficiency and be involved in almost every platform that Bloomberg offers. This is a 5 day per week, full-time position where you will envision, assign photographers and videographers and source imagery for the Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg's homepage. You'll be responsible for using Bloomberg's wholly-owned content, available third-party content and web-based proprietary tools to illustrate a variety of news stories for Bloomberg platforms.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant photo editing experience
- Knowledge of image licensing, permissions and potential legal implications
- Existing relationships with a range of photographers/videographers and the desire to continue developing them and recruit
- The flexibility to rapidly interpret text and appropriately match with appropriate imagery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to perform in a fast-paced global environment and meet urgent deadlines
- Familiarity with photo contract negotiations
We'd love to see:
- Experience with graphic/web design, html/CSS, multimedia storytelling, Premiere Pro/Final Cut and audio
- A 'roll your sleeves up' mentality
- A strategic problem solver
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.