Podcast Editor & Producer – 12 month contract
Posted Jan 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 113733
*This is a 12 month contract role*
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. Visit https://about.bnef.com
Bloomberg Switched On podcast features conversations about global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Now in its third year, the Switched On podcast publishes weekly interviews with BNEF analysts and industry experts on the future of the net-zero transition. Visit Apple Podcast ( https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/switched-on/id1469286286) or Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/show/5P3uXhpfC8kSLVCRRkgGnj?si=3bc73bc50aa94881)
What’s the role?
We are looking for a podcast editor and producer who wants to play an active role in the creation of the Bloomberg Switched On podcast. This role is ideal for someone with interest in the net-zero transition as well as podcasts. You will have a hand in all aspects of production, from recording and booking interviews to pitching episode ideas and scripting, to audio editing and post publication promotion.
This role is a 12 month contract hire. Based in our London office, you will work directly with the host(s) of Switched On, BNEF analysts, external industry experts, and the Bloomberg podcast team.
We will trust you to:
- Work with BNEF’s analysts to develop show ideas and translate them to a show
- Edit and refine outlines and scripts, taking the show in new directions
- Provide audio editing of the show, taking it from WAV recordings to finished product
- Handle pre- and post-production, including engineering and recording hosts and guests from remote locations
- Contribute to team meetings and provide peer feedback in edits and table reads
- Publish completed shows and accompanying metadata and web content
- Analyse show performance and generate ideas for promotion
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in audio editing or production
- Experience with Adobe Audition or ProTools to edit segments and create podcasts
- A drive to help elevate and expand Bloomberg’s podcast ambitions
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- The ability to work collaboratively with individuals in a variety of roles
- Be organized and self-motivated to execute within deadlines
- Interest in decarbonisation and the net-zero transition
- Creativity and ambition to constantly improve the show and raise performance standards
We’d also like to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com