Portfolio Analytics & Risk Product Manager
Posted Dec 18, 2020 - Requisition No. 87847
Bloomberg’s Portfolio Analytics and Risk offering (PORT) is a leading provider of ex-ante risk, portfolio construction, and return attribution tools that offer investment management professionals critical insights into their portfolios and associated benchmarks. PORT’s wide ranging instrument coverage spans equity, fixed income, derivatives, and fund-of-funds; we incorporate Bloomberg’s extensive terms and conditions data and analytical models to support asset management firms with diverse holdings exposure. Many of the largest institutional asset managers currently utilize PORT as a critical part of their investment management process. Due to increased demand from customers interested in our offering, in conjunction with the growing complexity of financial markets, we are looking to hire a senior Business Manager to help us continue to evolve our product in lockstep with the needs of our customer base.
The Business Manager Role:
Fixed Income Business Manager
Bloomberg is seeking a senior individual to join the Portfolio Analytics and Risk department to focus on our fixed income offering, with an extensive background in fixed income portfolio analytics, spanning benchmarked asset management and asset liability management workflows. As part of the team you will formulate, maintain, and promote proprietary fixed income analytics relying on Bloomberg data and models. You will play an active role in overall product vision, including portfolio analytics design, quality assurance, product feedback, collaboration, mentoring, and contribution to marketing strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Background:
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop plans for improving the quality and the types of data needed for fixed income portfolio analytics, including creative ideas to differentiate our portfolio offering
- Build a close working relationship with the business, index, terminal and news divisions and incorporate their feedback and direction into the improvement of the portfolio suite of analytics
- Contribute to other related initiatives including the development of workflow tools, classification systems, bond pricing, and non-fixed income analytics
- Interact with end users to understand their needs and to promote our offerings
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, CFA and/or equivalent work experience
- Requires 5+ years of hands on experience with fixed income portfolio analytics software
- Deep understanding of fixed income return attribution and risk
- Strong industry contacts across the institutional money management community
- Detailed understanding of the Asset Management Industry including a broad working knowledge of key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Detailed understanding of fixed income institutional product trends, benchmark offerings and classification systems
- Requires strong analytical competencies including financial and mathematical concepts such as portfolio valuation, statistical analysis, and bond valuation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.