Pre-Sales Engineering Team Leader - London
Posted Sep 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 77046
Bloomberg's Enterprise Technology Solutions business is responsible for developing custom solutions between client/vendor systems and Bloomberg product offerings. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to leverage our technical products and services for Enterprise Integration, Technical Delivery and Automated work-flow design. Typical pre-sales engagements can include the use of a variety of different technologies including (but not limited to) web services, XML, SWIFT, and FIX messaging across both real-time and batch flows. This service allows our capital market clients to out-source their technology needs to Bloomberg in order to design and support their automated workflows.
What's the role?
As a Pre-Sales Engineering Team leader you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the EMEA region. You'll be responsible for technical strategy, consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams to engage with technology teams within Bloomberg's client-base. Additionally, you will drive the direction of our products by collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions. While you should be comfortable with technology in general, coding skills, data transforms, and setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements.
This role will engage with both our buy and sell-side clients and interface internally with colleagues across a variety of different sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of technology driving the Capital Markets industry. In addition you should have a very good understanding of trading work flows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management across our businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Achieve pre-sales metrics in collaborative sales engagements
- Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of different business units
- Respond to RFP's, building Statements of Work (SOW) and creating formal sales proposals
- Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products advantages
You'll need to have:
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive and confident in sales approach and strategy
- Broad asset class coverage understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team lead experience
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.