Posted Jun 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 67780
Bloomberg's CIS (Connectivity and Integration Solutions) business is the Enterprise Solutions team that is responsible for developing custom solutions between client/vendor systems and Bloomberg product offerings. The business continues to see rapid growth with a high demand from clients wishing to leverage our technical products and services for Enterprise Integration, Technical Delivery and Automated work-flow design. Typical pre-sales can include the use of a variety of different technologies inlcuding but not limted to web services, real-time XML, SWIFT and FIX messaging and batch file transfers between systems. Allowing capital market clients to out-source their technology needs to Bloomberg in order to design and support their automated workflows.
What's the role?
As a CIS Pre-Sales Engineer you will be tasked to strengthen and grow our business within the EMEA region. You'll join our global team, responsible for technical strategy, consultation, multi-product workflow design and assisting traditional sales teams to engage with technology teams within Bloomberg's client-base.. Additionally you will help to drive the direction of our products collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions. While you should be comfortable with technology in general, coding skills/data transforms/setting up infrastructure are not part of the role requirements.This role will specifically be with sell-side clients and interface internally with colleagues in a variety of different sales teams within Bloomberg. Get ready to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of technology driving the Capital Markets industry.
In addition you should have a very good understanding of sell-side work flows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We'll trust you to:
- Partner with Account Management in our sell-side businesses to further multi-product technical engagements and help drive new business with our existing client base and prospecting new clients
- Develop and manage key customer relationships with technical decision makers and other key individuals with influence to maximize sales opportunities
- Achieve pre-sales metrics in collaborative sales engagements-Coordinate the full enterprise sales process across a variety of different business units
- Respond to RFP's, building Statements of Work (SOW) and creating formal sales proposals-Understand technology, competitors or alternatives and successfully position our products advantages
You'll need to have:
- Solid understanding of the trading technologies used in the capital markets industry
- Highly proactive and confident in sales approach and strategy
- Broad asset class coverage understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.