Pricing Technical Account Manager
Posted Jul 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 105239
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Data department. We lead the governance, cost, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Technical Account manager, based in the London office. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners to ensure their OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Offer outstanding service to our content partners by using your deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with content partners
- Collaborate with our team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs and develop your account strategy
- Optimize data ingestion workflows and improve data quality, by understanding the data contribution infrastructure internally and externally
- Become a true domain expert in OTC pricing data, by using business intelligence tools to spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition or enhancements
You'll need to have:
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to lead strategic technical and business relationships
- Drive and passion to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- A proactive demeanor with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Keen interest and understanding of financial markets
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate or improve our content partners’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Experience managing and supporting tier 1 sell-side accounts and central banks
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of FIX Connectivity and the following programming languages: Python, SQL and VBA
- Experience in data analytics tools; business intelligence tools or similar
- Interest in or experience of using data analytical tools to find opportunities for product and content improvements
- Prior experience working as an Account Manager in a tech-focused organization
- Experience with building technology solutions for Enterprise workflow efficiency
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.