Pricing and Inventory Analyst
Posted Apr 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 90265
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role:
We’re seeking a Pricing & Inventory Analyst to join Bloomberg’s Global Pricing and Inventory Team. You will work across all of our media assets including Digital, TV, Social, Audio, and Print. You’ll be responsible for maximizing our inventory to ensure we are properly and effectively monetizing our advertising assets through data driven strategic analyses, while having the ability to effectively translate and adjust to sales and operational needs. You’re both data driven and strategic in your approach to solving problems and supporting overarching organizational initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate with sales, planning and campaign management and ad operations on deal packaging, pricing and approval to help meet client needs while ensuring that we are maximizing yield
- Be deeply immersed in the inventory, pricing and revenue data; fluent at translating the data to many different groups; and quick to understand the story within the data and have the ability to take action
- Identify inventory trends and develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports and models to expose inventory risks and revenue opportunities
- Adjust pricing in reaction to sell-through levels to ensure we are meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Monitor and collaborate with groups across the organization to ensure and improve margins across all assets
- Manage the product catalogs and rate cards across all platforms
- Help manage relationships with vendors/partners who provide business intelligence tools
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience within digital ad sales including TV, Social, Audio, and Print - ideally with knowledge of or an interest in Podcasting
- Relevant and proven experience in advertising, media or finance with a strong background in either Digital or TV
- A strong mathematical and analytical background
- Expertise in using Microsoft Excel with the ability to do power pivot and power query
- An ability to extract and manipulate a variety of data for all groups across the organization
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail and comfort with large amounts of data
- Excellent organizational and project-management skills
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, interpersonal required
- An ability to multi task and work with multiple teams
* Sorry, we will not be considering recent graduates at this time.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.