Private Credit Reporter - EMEA
Posted Aug 24, 2021 - Requisition No. 93554
Bloomberg is seeking a private credit reporter to cover the burgeoning world of non-bank lending in EMEA. We're looking for a reporter who can identify the biggest stories, cultivate sources in the region, and work with bureaus across EMEA to cover a beat that's still in its infancy.
We're seeking an effective team player who thrives in a dynamic environment. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. On the credit team, you'll be charged with breaking news on private credit and connecting the dots to provide readers with all the information they need from the world's leading provider of financial news.
You'd be part of a team that covers corporate and leveraged finance in EMEA at a fascinating time, as businesses attempt to navigate the post-pandemic world. The job includes cultivating sources and digging into deals to break news; then using your story-telling skills to inform, analyze and explain to both the specialist client and the intelligent layperson. We're looking for reporters who can lead coverage of a story and collaborate with teammates, both within their specific area of expertise and beyond. The position is in London.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Monitor and analyze key industry data
- Break news on the debt financing of the biggest deals in EMEA
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg Quicktake
- Turn debt stories into big reads for a broad audience
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years in covering private credit
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of another European language besides English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org