Private Credit Reporter - London
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113152
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg News is looking for a reporter in London to help expand its coverage of the $1.3 trillion private credit market.
You will be responsible for breaking news on one of Wall Street's most opaque corners, delving into the deals, the firms and the people that are rewriting the rules of corporate debt financing.
Private credit's extraordinary growth is about to face its biggest test yet as aggressive rate hikes from the Federal Reserve to combat inflation risk toppling the economy into a recession, leaving highly levered companies particularly exposed. Bloomberg News wants to own the story of what comes next.
We're seeking a versatile reporter with a desire to bring more transparency to the industry by aggressively chasing deals and cultivating relationships with a close-knit group of financiers who can make or break multi-billion dollar acquisitions and offer a unique window into hundreds of privately-held companies across the globe.
The successful candidate will have experience covering M&A or capital markets, a solid track record of delivering scoops on their beat and a good understanding of corporate capital structures and deal financing. Candidates with a broad base of contacts across the financial services industry -- particularly in private credit and leveraged finance -- would be strongly preferred.
You’ll find opportunities to tell the market’s most important stories across Bloomberg’s growing number of platforms, including Bloomberg TV and Radio, Bloomberg’s Markets and Businessweek magazines as well as in podcasts, on QuickTake and in working with our data visualization team.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the team in breaking news on deals across the private credit industry while spotting new trends and connecting the dots to craft insightful, agenda-setting enterprise stories
- Utilize your contacts among bankers, private credit managers, consultants and investors to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth of private credit as an asset class and its impact across the financial services industry
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver a global perspective to our readers
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a broader audience of business-savvy readers
You'll need to have:
- Previous experience in financial journalism or private credit
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to spot trends, find holes in stories and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org