Problem Management Coordinator (Contract)
Posted Sep 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 118893
***This is a one year contract***
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be stable, reliable, and always available. That’s where the Problem Management team comes in.
On the Problem Management team, we manage the communication for root cause on service-impacting outages to ensure our clients understand what happened. To do this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We’re the central point for all stakeholders, and we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders after significant outages. Our team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success.
We'll trust you to:
- Own the full lifecycle of post incident communication from information gathering, curation to publishing
- Work closely with individual contributors to promote process adherence and maintain timely updates
- Work closely with key senior stakeholders in legal, compliance and communication teams to ensure our communications are compliant with policies and regulations
- Notify, escalate and communicate to stakeholders to ensure timely completion of root cause and short term remediation plans
- Help coordinate the investigation of incidents across multiple teams
- Translate technical information to layman's terms and effectively tailor communications regarding technical issues to various audiences
You'll need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor communication of technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and a vested interest in developing a strong, diverse network
- Ability and aptitude to pick up new technologies or procedures
- Good organization skills and excel at multitasking with the ability to prioritize own workload
- Transferable skills related to people, conflict and process management
We’d love to see:
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- A self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize workload and to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Basic understanding of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud storage, middleware, databases and virtual infrastructure
- Curiosity- someone who is comfortable knowing what they don’t know and has the drive to self study to learn more.
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com?