Posted Aug 31, 2023 - Requisition No. 118547
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be available, stable, and above all reliable. That’s where the Incident Management team comes in.
The Problem Management team ensures that when incidents occur in Bloomberg Engineering, they are fully and efficiently followed up on using a combination of industry standard methodologies and best practices and a proactive, adaptive mindset ensuring continuous service improvements. Our mission is to ensure all incidents are fully understood and mitigated, and to help the broader engineering community take meaningful learnings from our incidents to do our best for our clients' experience. To accomplish this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We are the central point for all team members and help to analyze incidents, track action items to completion and measure performance across teams.
The Problem Management team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate Post Incident Reviews with Engineering stakeholders, including senior management
- Analyse data to identify systemic issues and trends
- Confident communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor correspondence regarding technical issues to various audiences
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure remediation items are prioritised and completed
- Be a self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritise workload
- Be a good team worker with the ability to influence Senior Managers
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Problem Management or technical support with a focus on application or infrastructure
- Strong organizational skills and ability to excel at multithreaded processing
- Aptitude to hit the ground running with the preparedness to ‘pick up the pace’ after major incidents
- Strong collaboration skills and a vested interest in developing a strong, diverse and impactful network
- A keen interest in helping promote lessons learned from incidents across the broader Engineering community
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- Curiosity - someone who is comfortable knowing what they don’t know and has the drive to self study to learn more
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud infrastructure, middleware, databases, and virtual infrastructure
- ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com?