Procurement - Sourcing Analyst
Posted Nov 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 111634
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement from cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, supplier invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organisation. What does that mean? We handle any supplier-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
What's the Role?
You are committed to being a representative of a global department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Procurement Analyst to join its London office.
As a Procurement Analyst you will support our EMEA Sourcing Professional Services team. You will build and maintain relationships with our internal stakeholders and suppliers who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole EMEA region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer relationship skills, an eye for detail as well as technical skills. You will be a key part of the EMEA Procurement team supporting multiple internal collaborators, from a wide spectrum of departments with many diverse needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Lead, negotiate and implement contractual agreements and renewals by having interactions with internal stakeholders, including Legal and Procurement Operations, as well as suppliers
- Assist Sourcing Managers with tenders – drafting, tender submission and analysis as well as overall be a project coordinator
- Support the EMEA Professional Services and HR Sourcing team with any Sourcing and operational activities
- Understanding the internal and external environment for the goods/services required by building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers
- Be the primary point of contact with Procurement Operations, Accounts Payable and Supplier Lifecycle Management teams for other Procurement related issues
- Ensure adherence to the Sourcing and wider Procurement policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team to ensure a "one Bloomberg" approach
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders in the NAM and APAC regions
- Perform analysis for the EMEA Professional Services and HR based on category spend as well as maintain a current Sourcing pipeline
- Carry out analysis of opportunities to improve spend visibility to identify future procurement projects
- Work on building a reporting dashboard that outlines supplier spend and trends and as part of a global Procurement Analysts team
- Provide regular status reports on Procurement performance and Sourcing pipeline
- Develop and track key performance indicators for Professional Services and HR within the EMEA region
You'll need to have:
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) knowledge and technical skills
- Experience in Procurement and/or Sourcing analytical roles
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills and be engaged and inquisitive and have a desire to learn
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Ability to collect, analyse, and report on internal and external data sources
We'd love to see:
- Minimum of 2 years* relevant experience
- Experience in any data analysis roles
- Ability to perform detailed comparative financial analysis and present findings in logical, concise manner and MI reporting
- Experience in negotiating and implementing of supplier agreements
- Application of accounting and purchasing principles
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com