Procurement Manager – Professional Services and HR
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 120865
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the Strategic Sourcing and Operational Purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You will be joining the EMEA team which sits within the global procurement department, supporting stakeholders across HR and Financial Professional Services. Working in a fast-paced demanding environment, you will develop and execute procurement strategies for a variety of categories and projects. You will be responsible for managing your own vendor base to support our stakeholders in getting what they need, when they need it, at the best value possible.
Working as part of a global procurement department, to be successful, you will need to be excited about negotiating that next deal, passionate about consistently delivering top quality service and be capable of offering expert advice to internal stakeholders. Our dynamic global procurement department is looking for an experienced Corporate and Professional Services procurement expert to join its EMEA team based at the award-winning European Headquarters in London. You will build and manage relationships with our internal stakeholders and the vendors who support our varied requirements across the whole EMEA region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills, an eye for detail and experience of navigating a fast-paced business with a truly global presence.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Have strong Procurement experience in negotiating with and performing vendor management of the Big 4;
- Experience with financial professional services, accounting and general consulting, as well as HR (incl. Employee Benefits and Payroll);
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through collaboration with internal stakeholders, supporting department’s strategic plans;
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct/single source negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions;
- Ensure adherence to the policies and frameworks set by the Global Procurement department;
- Negotiate and implement contractual agreements in partnership with internal stakeholders and our legal department;
- Manage the vendor base to ensure contractual compliance and operational efficiency;
- Continuously review with Sourcing/Category Plans to better serve Bloomberg as a whole;
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and Bloomberg’s vendors;
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service.
You’ll need to have:
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of 5–10 years proven experience in the Strategic Sourcing/Procurement, with demonstrated ability for delivering complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards;
- Experience of Corporate and Professional Services Procurement;
- Good knowledge of legal contracts and negotiation skills;
- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation;
- Strong decision-making ability, with the ability to influence across different levels and cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial business with an international footprint;
- Experience of working across multiple Sourcing/Procurement categories;
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience of SAP, Oracle or other ERP’s.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.