Procurement Sourcing Analyst
Posted Feb 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 100558
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions.
Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement from cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
What's the Role?
You are committed to being a representative of a global department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for a Procurement Sourcing Analyst to join its London office.
As a Procurement Sourcing Analyst you will support sourcing for our business units. You will build and maintain relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole EMEA region. You will need to show a good understanding of procurement principles, excellent customer relationship skills, and an eye for detail. You will be a key part of the EMEA team supporting multiple internal collaborators, from a wide spectrum of departments with many diverse needs, in a dynamic and demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Lead and implement agreements and renewals, including interactions with internal partners including legal and procurement operations as well as external vendors
- Negotiate contract terms with vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms
- Identify specifications and requirements for products and services whilst becoming the Subject Matter Expert on procurement systems, data reporting and management
- Maintain and manage your team’s sourcing project pipeline as well as updating sourcing or purchasing policies when needed
- Be the primary point of contact with Procurement Ops, Accounts Payable, and Supplier Life Cycle teams for non-contract issues
- Ensure adherence to the sourcing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team to ensure a "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal collaborators and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Collaborate and support Procurement Partners and Team Leads to deliberate and engage with key collaborators to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Developing sourcing strategies and running a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Understanding the internal and external environment for the goods/services required by building negotiation strategies and closing deals with optimal terms
You'll need to have:
- Experience in procurement operations or sourcing roles
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Good collaborator engagement abilities and project management skills
- Basic negotiation skills and the ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Ability to collect, analyse, and report on internal and external data sources
We'd love to see:
- Experience of independent negotiating and implementing of vendor agreements
- Application of accounting and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms and Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP or other ERP systems knowledge
- CIPS certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to do things differently. You'll be a member of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.