Producer (12-month Contract)
Posted Oct 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 121172
In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg is expanding its audio offerings and looking for an experienced podcast producer to work on an ambitious daily podcast- The Big Take focused on the economy, the world, and enterprise business news. The producer will work on this show in collaboration with a larger audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. They will work under the guidance of an Executive producer. This role will be project based, and there will be opportunity to work across other shows in the Bloomberg Podcast portfolio. This opening is for a producer candidate with ideally 6-7 years of experience on reported, narrative shows.
- Pitching episode and guest ideas
- Producing and reporting, both in the field and in the studio
- Supporting a host editorially during an interview
- Logging tape and pulling archival
- Syncing and cutting interviews and tracking
- Show assembly and light sound design
- Collaborate on scripting episodes with the ability to develop the story arc, outline, and framing of episodes
- Book interviews both internally and externally
- Building an episode assembly
- Implementing edits on episodes
- Comfort with being on the mic is a bonus
- Excellent news judgment able to provide thoughts on the biggest business news stories of the day and week
Skills and experiences:
- Experience in a newsroom environment or on projects with rigorous journalistic ethics
- Reporting experience in addition to experience with production tasks
- Experience with field, remote and in-studio production
- Demonstrated interest in covering business news
- This show is produced using Descript, Audition and Google Docs. Proficiency in editing software (Audition) is required (Pro Tools is a plus)
- Any experience in Sound engineering, Sound Design, and Story Editing is a plus
- At least 6-7 years of experience
This is a 12-month contract opportunity. We encourage the submission of portfolio website or work samples with this application.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)