Producer/Associate Producer - London
Posted Aug 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 76831
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg TV is seeking a Line Producer or Associate Producer with editorial, production and writing skills. While levels of experience can vary, a successful candidate must be versatile, with the ability to work under deadline pressure, write and produce live television segments and adapt to breaking news during live broadcast. You should be a storyteller that can bring complex stories to life using data, guest commentary and creativity. The ideal candidate will have experience covering business and financial markets.
As an Associate Producer, we'll trust you to:
- Rise to the challenges of live broadcast, handling breaking news in a control room
- Write anchor scripts and building on-screen text for live TV broadcast
- Create video and graphics to bring complex market stories to life
As a Line Producer, we'll trust you to:
- Have experience in all of the above
- Lead a daily television news broadcast, capturing and communicating editorial priorities
- Build relationships with TV talent and support them during live broadcast
- Understand the needs and interests of the global business audience and set the daily news agenda
- Oversee a team of producers, anchors and reporters to execute daily news broadcast
As an Associate Producer, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work and thrive under deadline pressure
- Flexibility with hours and travel as needed
- A passion for Bloomberg's editorial priories: covering the world of business, finance, markets and politics
As a Line Producer, you'll need to have:
- All of the above
- Recent and relevant experience producing live television news
- Experience lining a live TV show from a control room and directing talent during live broadcast
- Knowledge and passion for financial markets and business news
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Please note in your application which of the two roles you are applying to: Line Producer or Associate Producer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.