Product Lead - Data Solutions - BQuant Enterprise - CTO Office
Posted Aug 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 106250
What we do:
At Bloomberg, we have the richest and most comprehensive financial datasets and analytics in the world. Our powerful enterprise products serve a large and diverse client base from data intensive analytics to trading. The Bloomberg Quant Platform (BQuant) is the frontier of our work – a platform for quantitative finance professionals to rapidly analyze data and research trading strategies.
The BQuant platform brings both data and tools to the larger audience of Bloomberg users. It combines cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) and quant techniques with financial domain expertise to empower clients to perform collaborative quant research and deploy production workflows integrated with our deep stack of enterprise products. This revolutionary product is enabling clients to rapidly accelerate their research-to-production cycle and achieve an edge in the market.
What's in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to help drive the growth and shape of the future BQuant platform, joining a cross-functional team with Product, Engineering, UX, Sales and Marketing on a high profile project.
You will lead the team responsible for the data experience in BQuant - set the vision, strategy and execution of a plan to help customers discover, access and manage data to drive quantitative research, analytics and application building in BQuant. Your customers will be both users of BQuant and the rest of our team who are creating specific workflow solutions on top such as backtesting, trading systems integration etc. You will also be the liaison with our data-producing teams at Bloomberg to onboard new content and ensure data quality at source.
We'll trust you to:
- Formulate the vision and execution strategy for data management and access for advanced analytics workflows in BQuant
- Build the team to deliver on this strategy
- Own the roadmap and backlog, taking into account external and internal customer input, product strategy, value propositions, competitor analysis and operational requirements
- Play an active role in the delivery of data and analytics products with the rest of the team, from hypothesis to experiment design and results analysis to help inform prioritization of the features you develop
- Be able to advise when to build vs use vs partner in order to deliver value to customers as quickly as possible
- Create the data pipelines with the appropriate SLAs and data quality metrics, the right API abstractions to provision operation-ready data for BQuant customers, and make discoverable via a data catalog
- Create customer facing tools, for example, for data enrichment, ID mapping and applying common transformations in customer data pipelines
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience (8 yrs+) leading successful strategies that allow end users to access and manage data for analytics, model building, trading within a leading financial institution or financial technology provider.
- The ability to effectively coordinate large teams and work with Engineers, UX, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Executive level
- Deep practical knowledge of solving customer challenges with respect to data such as capturing lineage, managing changing schemas, ensuring entitlements, security and governance is applied across the workflow from research, portfolio construction to implementation.
- Practical knowledge of use cases and technologies so you can advise on trade-offs for use cases such as batch/streaming and timeseries data, and how to combine them for quantitative research and applications of that research.
- API design experience and familiarity with multi-modal APIs for data access and analytics
- An understanding of how to help customers with tools to understand data quality and provide automation around their data workflows.
- The ability to gather and prioritise business requirements and translate these into user stories and an actionable backlog
- Problem solving mindset, doing what it takes to solve the problem for the customer
- Excellent communication skills (documents, presentations, verbal) to both technical and executive audiences
We would love to see:
- An advanced degree Masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Prior experience building quantitative products at a Tier 1 buy or sell side firm
- Experience working with others to apply big data processing, advanced analytics and ML concepts to solve data-related challenges in research, risk, or trading.
- Broad experience with the management and usage of multi-asset, alternative and proprietary data in finance
- Deep technical understanding of the tech stack in relation to data (cloud/enterprise infrastructure, data and ML ops, open source)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.