Product Manager - Quantitative Analytics
Posted May 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 103758
The Bloomberg Derivatives pricing and risk team is responsible for building a leading system for derivatives and structured products across all asset classes. The system provides a comprehensive suite of data, pricing and risk analytics to Bloomberg clients across Sell and Buy sides whether they are using the Terminal, Enterprise Data or Enterprise Product solutions.
These solutions include:
- Derivatives data including curves, CDS and volatility surfaces/cubes
- Structuring and idea generation
- Back testing, Cash flow projections
- Valuation, Greeks and risk analytics
- Scenario analysis and stress testing
- Regulatory (such as MIFID and PRIIPs) analytics
- Trade capture and integration with our RFQ, Sales Trader Workflow, Execution Management Systems and Order Management Systems (such as TOMS and AIM)
- Life cycle management
- Intra-day and end of day risk
- P&L explanation
- Derivatives APIs
What's the role?
The team is looking for a senior product manager to drive our quantitative analytics strategy. You will join the ongoing effort in the derivatives pricing and risk department to evolve our risk analytics solutions in order to continue accommodating the future needs of our clients.
You will be part of a dynamic and diverse group of engineers, quants and product managers that drives innovation focusing on delivering the best system for derivatives risk management underpinned by the best-in-class models and pricing techniques.
In this fast-paced role, you will be an integral part of our collaborative team of product specialists, quants and software Engineers.
You will use your market expertise to work closely with our quant group to develop new models, pricing techniques and innovative analytical solutions. You will do so by focusing on building scalable and flexible libraries allowing us to service our clients current as well as future analytics needs.
You will lead teams outside of your immediate span of control and without formal reporting lines (e.g., sales, product, quants, engineering, implementation) to buy into the product strategy and business plan delivery. You will ensure prioritization, requirements gathering and execution of highly complex and inter-dependent projects.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage deep domain quant expertise to determine the product road map and manage the quantitative analytics strategy and execution
- Be viewed as a thought leader by clients and the industry, and maintain specialized knowledge while bringing value year over year
- Understand the market and the industry at a macro and micro level and use this to shape the direction of the product
- Understand quant models, pricing and risk management techniques. Work closely with Quant and Financial Engineering groups to improve methodologies and react to market changes
- Work closely with engineering to further develop existing pricing frameworks and expand our forward-looking cutting-edge component-based technology
- Document clear functional specifications for each phase of product development and take part in our Agile collaboration framework
- Work collaboratively with other Product Specialists and Managers to ensure a smooth integration of our quantitative libraries across the Terminal, Enterprise Products and Enterprise Data
- Be commercially aware and think in terms of commercial opportunities and develop capabilities to ensure the product stays relevant and fit for purpose.
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of quants models and techniques
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives
- Strong knowledge of market data fitting techniques
- Strong knowledge of trading, booking, position management and post trade practices
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience* working in Quantitative Analytics roles
- Ability to define and articulate functional architecture of a system to quants, engineering and clients
- Highly motivated, consensus builder, collaborates well in a team
- Strong leadership skills enjoying working in a start-up environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong entrepreneurial skills *Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We'd love to see:
- Data science skills for data modelling and experience with artificial intelligence and Machine learning
- Experience with payoff languages and DSL
- Good knowledge of regulation
- Comfortable with Agile process for building software
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com