Product Manager - Bank Treasury - Trade Order Management System (TOMS)
Posted Nov 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 121558
Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS) is an industry leading, comprehensive fixed income solution for the trading community. For sell-side fixed income firms, Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for front-end inventory, trading, and middle & back-office operations. With TOMS, you can optimize your workflow, increase global distribution to markets, manage risk and compliance, and improve operational efficiency.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg TOMS is seeking a highly motivated, strategic, forward thinking product manager to join our team to lead the design, development, implementation, and adoption of a new Bank Treasury solution for the sell-side. This role will sit within a newly created Short Term Treasury Markets team and will focus on working across Enterprise products to formulate and establish strategy, identify and prioritize development aligned with strategy and direct execution for the new Bank Treasury solution.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build a clear strategy for Bank Treasury by working with other product stakeholders, sales reps, industry peers and associations and clients
- Define our addressable market, develop a new commercial model, and help drive revenue.
- Understand and identify opportunities for business expansion
- Work seamlessly across Bloomberg, develop strong relationships based on reliability and positive attitude
- Take ownership of successful execution and delivery via collaboration with business leadership and other stakeholders within Product and Engineering
- Monitor, analyze and solve for industry initiatives, regulatory developments and requirements, and act as industry expert in your respective field
- Collaborate and communicate the strategy to stakeholders at all levels of the organization to drive buy-in and funding, as needed
- Own the quality of our solution by collaborating with Engineering and QA to ensure testing meets system requirements
- Assist in responding to RFPs and RFIs specific to TOMS Bank Treasury, cash management, liquidity management and short-term funding
- Provide training to sales, account management, trade desk and implementation to ensure they are equipped to sell and support the Product
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of work experience in product development in Financial Technology*
- Proven domain expertise of Bank Treasury processes, treasury management systems and related financial instruments (cash securities, cash management, FX, loans and deposits, money markets, repo, derivatives, collateral management, and risk management)
- Experience with trading business processes including Trade Capture, Trade Lifecycle, P&L/Accounting, Regulatory Reporting
- Demonstrated project management skills (status, risks, issues, dependencies)
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, and Excel (including pivot tables and v-lookups)
We’d love to see:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as analytical skills
- Eagerness to work in an evolving, fast-paced, and high-pressure work environment
- Strong presentation skills including written, graphical and verbal
- A desire to interact directly with both internal and external clients
- Curiosity and desire to expand knowledge beyond current expertise
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Terminal
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com