Product Manager - Equity Derivatives Analytics
Posted Aug 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 118172
The Listed Derivatives & Delta One business at Bloomberg is responsible for the Futures and Options data, analytics, functionality and workflow you will find in the Bloomberg Terminal.
The Product Management team is responsible for setting the vision, strategy & execution of the business by working closely with our clients, as well as across internal departments and stakeholders in Sales, Engineering, UX, Marketing, CFO, Legal, Compliance, as well as senior management.
We are looking for a senior Product Manager to join the business. This is an exciting time as we are expanding the business by hiring into our Product Management team alongside hiring in our Engineering & Data teams to help us accelerate our plans to provide best in class solutions for the Derivatives community.
As a senior Global Product Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring Bloomberg offers best in class analytics for the Listed Derivatives market as well as formulating and driving the business plan and product strategy. Your expertise will be used to help us improve the functionality on our terminal, develop new functions, and drive the adoption of Bloomberg’s solutions within the Derivatives community globally.
We will trust you to:
- Identify and prioritize business opportunities, build the pipeline, and increase revenues
- Manage product development including, but not limited to, setting the direction for the product, providing requirements to Engineering, and prioritizing work based on client feedback and strategic objectives
- Improving the functionality on the Bloomberg Terminal for the analysis of Trading Activity, Implied Volatility, Dividends & Borrow Cost data
- Proactively identify and manage risk by responding to regulatory and market landscape, as well as ensure our systems and processes remain up to date
- Attend client meetings to demonstrate the functions, solicit feedback, and develop relationships and partnerships
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide technical requirements and design solutions
You will need to have:
- 7+ years of experience working in the equity derivatives space at an investment bank or hedge fund*
- Demonstrated understanding of how institutional investors utilize equity futures and options as part of their investment process.
- Proven experience analysing factors which affect the price of equity options & futures to identify trading opportunities
- Business acumen needed to drive and execute on a global business plan
- Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively present a story using data
- An influential sense of ownership and a drive to deliver business results
- A team player who can motivate and inspire others towards a common objective
- Prior experience designing technology solutions for financial markets
- Proficiency in project management, data analytics and business intelligence tools?(e.g. Jira, MS Project, MS Excel, Tableau, Bloomberg API)
- Experience in writing code for the purpose of data analysis in languages such as Python, VBA, C, R, Matlab
- Familiarity with Agile project management and various methods such as Scrum
We would love to see:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org