Product Manager - PORT Interactive Experience
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 102445
Bloomberg’s Portfolio Analytics and Risk offering (PORT) is a leading provider of ex-ante risk, portfolio construction, and return attribution tools that offer investment management professionals critical insights into their portfolios and associated benchmarks, aligned to sophisticated investment objectives.
PORT’s wide ranging instrument coverage spans equity, fixed income, derivatives, and fund-of-funds; we incorporate Bloomberg’s extensive terms and conditions data and analytical models to support asset management firms with diverse holdings exposure. Many of the largest institutional asset managers currently utilize PORT as a critical part of their investment management process.
Our goal is to be the Risk and Analytics platform of choice for the next generation of Portfolio Managers – building on our tradition of providing leading edge analytics and tools that are suited to the latest practices of automation, systematization & workflow, while incorporating emerging trends regarding integration with proprietary data sets and latest data analytics practices.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a Product Manager with a strong understanding of investment management workflows to focus on our PORT Interactive Experience strategy. The objective of this product is to provide a robust interactive experience for non-Enterprise users, which acts as a catalyst for upgrading to our PORT Enterprise offering, and a compelling, feature rich experience for Enterprise and Premium users. As part of the team you will help formulate, maintain, and promote our analytical and workflow capabilities specifically related to our flagship UI, PORT Workspace. You will play an active role in overall product vision, including workflow design and management, quality assurance, product feedback, collaboration, and marketing strategy. You will be joining a highly motivated and successful team focused on developing the existing product portfolio into an end-to-end offering for our buy-side clients.
You will be a critical part of taking the Bloomberg Buyside brand and capabilities forward recognizing innovations in technology and investment industry trends In so doing, you will be responsible for the development of a product strategy, and contributing to the corresponding commercial strategy that allows clients to incorporate integrate PORT Analytics and Risk within their investment toolset and broader operating platform in a low friction way.
We’ll trust you to:
- Position the Interactive Experience strategy for success – leveraging your industry knowledge, passion for data and technology trends, you will incrementally transform and position the product for sustained industry relevance.
- Communicate the vision within and outside Bloomberg – use your strong communication skills to build consensus with senior leadership internally while also carrying the vision externally with clients, prospects, and the broader industry in an audience appropriate manner.
- Contribute to the greater PORT Risk and Analytics vision – bring expertise and perspective, as well as an open mind to exploring and shaping the form and structure of the Bloomberg offerings to the buy-side.
- Collaborate in the development of the Interactive Experience strategy - working in conjunction with the engineering, sales and product teams you will demonstrate yourself as a trusted leader.
You’ll need to have:
- Leadership skills to effect change via influence and without authority
- Versatile communication style and be able to coordinate and create alignment across varied groups including sales, product, engineering and client
- Proven ability to develop creative ideas and work across functions to turn them into a finished product
- A pragmatic approach with good commercial sense, comfortable making principles-based recommendations, tradeoffs, and decisions
- High standards and strong sense of personal ownership, comfortable setting and holding a high bar with internal and external stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial and passionate learner who can quickly become an expert in various domains and conceptualize the impact of new information
- Track record of being able to craft and deliver both technical documentation and conceptual presentations (white-board, small team, broad audience)
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills as well as strong operational and process management skills
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
We’d love to see:
- Technology skills such as scripting or SQL
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Transformative leadership experience – experience leading organizations through periods of change and disruption.
- Passion for Product Development
- Clear understanding of Buyside Portfolio Management workflows-
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.