Product Manager - Rates Derivatives Product - Trade Order Management System (TOMS)
Posted Dec 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 122297
Bloomberg Trade Order Management System (TOMS) is an industry leading, comprehensive fixed income and derivatives solution for the trading community. For sell-side firms, Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) delivers global, multi-asset solutions for front-end inventory, trading, and middle office operations. With TOMS, you can optimize your workflow, increase global distribution to markets, manage risk and compliance, and improve operational efficiency.
Bloomberg TOMS is looking for a Product Manager to lead product and business development for TOMS Interest Rates & Credit Derivatives. You will be responsible for crafting, building, and delivering the functional feature set for Rates & Credit Derivatives across TOMS end to end workflows. This role requires in-depth knowledge of front office IRD Trader desks workflows, notably: E-Trading, Trade Booking, Pricing & Valuations, Position, P&L & Cash management, Portfolio analytics for Derivatives, financing, Front Office Risk management, Lifecycle management, market data, curve building techniques/modelling, post trade events, Derivatives API (including knowledge of FPML and FIX), Trade Negotiation Protocol (TNP) . This domain expertise must reside with IRD family of products (IRS, Swaptions, caps/floors, Cross Currency,…), Credit Derivatives (CDS index and single name) and Exotic derivatives (DLIB).
You have an in-depth knowledge of IR derivatives products, IRD Trade lifecycle and portfolio management theory acquired through previous experience on an IRD Trading desk or as an IRD Product Manager at a leading Technology Vendor. A TOMS Product Manager must have an in-depth understanding of trading analytics and data analysis. The candidate should have a solid understanding of the financial markets, Order management and Execution Management trading processes, the competitive landscape, and related technologies.
We are looking for a hard-working professional with a proven track record of previous product management experience as an IRD product manager at a leading technology vendor Or as an IRD derivatives Trader (IRS, Swaptions, Caps/floors,..) at a leading Sell Side Trading Firm, who can provide solutions to help manage our existing business as well as grow the quality and reach of the product. The candidate must be able to show relevant client facing skills as well as strong analytical skills for problem solving to provide solutions for client requests.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Define the product functional roadmap, deliver & implement the plan with a go to Market strategy.
- Define the product vision, strategy, and value proposition internally and to clients.
- Produce and deliver clear functional specification & requirement documents for each phase of achievable product development based on client driven requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other Product Managers to achieve desired end workflow solution.
- Be customer-centric and think in terms of commercial opportunities and develop capabilities to ensure the product stays relevant and fit for purpose.
- Define what the product is, explains how the product works, and sets the product SLA
- Document the logical architecture of the system
- Drive product innovation for the IRD and CDS asset class
- Lead product design, build, unit Testing and delivery
- Engage R&D, QA and Implementation to ensure smooth deployment to client production.
- Engage clients directly on product development, attend workshops acting as the subject matter expert when required.
- Ensures product meets the set SLA, UX standards and achieves a consistent user experience across Bloomberg.
- Stay current on industry wide issues related to the product.
You’ll will need to have:
- 10+ Years of proven track record in product development Interest Rate derivatives or as an Interest Rate Derivatives Trader at a leading Sell Side technology vendor or Sell Side bank.*
- Proven knowledge of trading, booking, position management, trade lifecycle and post trade workflows
- Proven experience in leading all aspects of product development from a business level.
- In-depth knowledge of Derivatives OMS workflows
- In-depth knowledge of electronic trading EMS workflow for derivatives (D2C and D2D workflows)
- In-Depth Knowledge of IRD Sell-Side Trading Desk workflows, Trade and Order Management, P&L, Cash management & Trade lifecycle events.
- In-depth understanding of Portfolio analytics for Derivatives and P&L management
- In-Depth understanding of Front office Risk Management (Term structure risk, multi-curve risk, volatility risk, basis risk, P&L Explain) & Curves Building
- In-depth understanding of Derivatives Hedging workflows
- Strong knowledge of Derivatives API standards Including knowledge of FPML and FIX connections
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including written and verbal.
- High motivation, high curiosity, skills as a consensus builder
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Trading Interest Rates Derivatives at a leading Sell Side firm
- Experience in Software development process (Agile methodology) as a Product Manager
- Proven track record of Build and delivery of derivatives workflow
- Experience in Project Management (status, risks, issues, dependencies)
- Experience in using software and tools for Data visualization & Workflow Modeling
- Solid understanding of Technology Architecture
- Prior exposure to CDS asset class would be greatly appreciated
- Highly driven and motivated individuals
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com