Product Manager - Securitized Finance
Posted Nov 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 121383
Bloomberg Core Terminal Business provides our customers with an experience that delivers cross asset class coverage and best-in-class analytics and workflows that our clients have come to depend on across many of their most critical functions. As we look to continue delivering against the high expectations that our customers have, we are constantly looking to expand our product offering by thinking holistically across all our products and services where we prioritize consistency of the user experience, improve discoverability, interoperability and make all horizontal services across the Terminal truly world class.
Within our Core Terminal business, Fixed Income is a key priority. As we look to build on the value proposition our clients have come to depend on, we will continue to drive thought leadership and remain a key partner to our clients through continuous innovation. We are driven by our clients and understanding their challenges allowing us to build the highest quality, most reliable, and complete data products, mission-critical analytics, and enterprise workflow solutions for Fixed Income. Through these products, we deliver easy to use, aligned, consistent, and interconnected products across all parts of our Bloomberg offering.
The Structured Products team is seeking a Product Manager to lead product and business development for Non-USD Structured securities within the Fixed Income Securitized Product team of Core Terminal. This entails designing the functionality feature set of data and analytics to offered across the Core Terminal, Enterprise Data and Enterprise Product.
This role requires knowledge of the core front office trader workflows, notably pricing & valuation through Bids Wanted In Comp, relative value analysis, Cashflow analytics and Risk management, as well as hedging and general market making workflows. This domain expertise must reside with the cash structured products market, including Agency & Non-Agency CMO, CLO, ABS, and CMBS.
We’ll trust you to:
- Presenting the vision, value proposition, and development progress to sales and clients
- Defines what the product is, explains how the product works, and sets the product SLA
- Defines the product functional roadmap
- Documents the logical architecture of the product, within the overall product stack
- Builds the case for product innovation & infrastructure investment
- Defines the functional requirements for R&D and QA
- Manages product design, build, delivery, engaging R&D, QA and Implementation
- Working collaboratively with other Product Managers to achieve desired end workflow solution
- Executes projects and reports status to PMO
- Stays current on industry wide issues related to the product.
- Communicates product strategy & execution plan internally
- Works with internal business partners to train the broader organization on the product
- Engages clients directly on product development, attending workshops as acting as the subject matter expert when required
- Track projects, and articulate roadblocks, delays, and successes
- Lead multiple projects at the same time and demonstrated the ability to shift priorities when needed.
- Collaborate with product teams to validate decisions, verify the accuracy of the planned delivery, promote adoption of product completion.
- Monitor, analyze, and solve regulatory developments while ensuring that the business is meeting its regulatory obligations.
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years* track record in product development in Financial Technology
- Experience within the financial industry and capital markets
- Experience with a variety of asset classes within Fixed Income, with a heavy focus on cash structured products, notably Agency & Non-Agency CMO, CLO, ABS, and CMBS.
- Experience in project management, strong organizational skills, and an ability to connect multiple threads of work.
- Written/oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills including written, graphic and verbal.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with desktop and enterprise products at Bloomberg or elsewhere
- Technology experience and background and good understanding of the software development/engineering lifecycle
- Deep understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Demonstrated effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org