Product Manager, Company Analysis
Posted Nov 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 111785
The company data and analytics team designs and builds company data analytical tools for the Bloomberg Terminal, API and Enterprise. This includes flagship applications on Bloomberg such as: Financial Analysis (FA), Analyst Recommendations (ANR), Estimates and Models (MODL). This requires tracking the evolution of a data point from data processing, to database and data taxonomy, API syntax design, and front-end applications as we bring new products to market.
Bloomberg has an abundance of rich data-sources from Industry/Economic data, Supply Chain data, ESG data, Research, Debt data, Alternative Data. We are looking for an experienced product manager to bring these datasets together with our company data, with the aim of answering the questions clients have when analysing a company.
A key challenge will be how can Bloomberg leverage these datasets to help a client establish trends in product lines, supply chain challenges, competitive positioning, key markets and shifts in market share, potential market disruption etc.
This role will favour someone who is a strong collaborator, as it would be done in partnership with our Company Financials, Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) and Alternative Data teams. It would also require someone who is comfortable articulating an overall business strategy but also feels confident with the bottom-up technical details.
We will trust you to:
- Identify what are the key client questions in company analysis
- Ensure we have the relevant datasets - with the accurate standardisation/aggregation needed
- Think about how we could contextual this data to make it on the company basis and build appropriate API interops
- Lay out strategies for manipulation and analysis of the data to ensure it answers client questions
- Consider how we can systematically answer questions with scale
You'll need to have:
- Experience putting together an overall business strategy including defining OKRs, analysis of value propositions, and consideration of channels of delivery
- Demonstrated ability in designing systems for data processing, data modelling or APIs
- Evidence of technical proficiency - being comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with engineering
- Knowledge of Research analyst workflows and company financial data
We'd love to see:
- Extensive Product Manager experience bringing sophisticated products to market
- Experience using a scrum agile process
- A degree/Masters/PhD in STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience working with Software as a Service (SAAS)
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.orgCat Coughlan