Production Graphic Designer (7 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 90184
Start Date – July 2021
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Bloomberg Marketing Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. The design team has a strong hands-on approach to both concept development and brand systems. The production team ensures ideas realized, from conceptual stages to execution. The Bloomberg Marketing Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. The Studio team works across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Studio is looking for a versatile graphic designer that exhibits superb problem solving, design, and production skills to tackle day-to-day assignments.
The designer will be responsible for the accuracy, quality, and development of final creative files for print and digital deliverables. The designer must be able to effectively manage multiple active projects to meet tight deadlines and be able to implement revisions quickly and accurately.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design for digital advertising, event experiences, printed materials, and social content
- Work with Art Directors to build design guidelines
- Efficiently execute a high volume of sales collateral projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Work in line with campaign style guides across different formats while preserving creative continuity
- Accurately make client and proofreader editorial revisions from annotated PDFs; raise concerns when needed
- Maintain and follow consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process
- Work on both PC and Mac platforms; design will be on the Mac
You’ll need to be able to:
- Prior in-house creative services, studio, non-profit, museum, educational experience preferred
- Work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, “do-it-all” attitude with ability to take on both large and small tasks.
- Expert knowledge of print production and digital prepress processes
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Experience in Sketch, Sketch Up and/or Wordpress
- Obsessed with typography and creative problem-solving
- Ability to review own work for quality control against client’s request
- Ability to receive and implement art direction through layout revisions
- Keep current with production and design trends
- Ability to work within and expand upon a dynamic and defined visual/brand system
- Experience in photographic selection, cropping and minor retouching is essential
- Ability to mock-up concepts for presentation, both digitally and physically
- Strong printing/prepress skills with the ability to create and review file image quality, color space accuracy and proper mechanical set up prior to releasing for final printing
- Experience with Workfront a plus
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years’ experience in production and graphic design
- Strong track record both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a team
- Strong communication skills, approachable, and driven
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Managing your own project schedules and job ownership to meet deadlines
- BFA/BS degree required, preferably an art/design degree with a focus in marketing, graphic design, visual, fine or commercial arts, or related field
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.