Production Support & Technical Relationship Representative
Posted Jul 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 91988
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in the financial and technical services industry. We are pleased to announce our team is expanding due to significant business growth! In capital markets, electronic trading and regulatory, professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building and supporting secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Services (ETEC) team is responsible for ensuring connectivity stability and reliability of virtually all Bloomberg Enterprise products.
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, supervise P&L, run sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data.
That’s where we come in.
Within Enterprise Technology, we help firms handle that complexity. Providing common tools, services, and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology management. This ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our record of accomplishment in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of Capital Markets, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with integration challenges.
What's the role?
As an Enterprise Technology Service Representative, you are vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products. You will join our tight-knit team, providing technical application, escalated connectivity, and integration support. You will be a trusted authority for fixing, resolving, and “owning” issues impacting our clients directly. You will be handling inquiries supporting a variety of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows between Bloomberg and client systems. You will interact with clients who code against various Bloomberg specifications as well as handling connectivity, application, and integration inquiries via multiple methodologies, including FIX, MQ, XML, SFTP, Web APIs and SWIFT.
You will be asked to establish and develop trusted relationships with a subset of clients and provide technical application support and integration assistance to those customers. Ensuring their connections and workflows are reliable and stable will be your main objective.
Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products by collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about technology and offering our clients an excellent experience. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and is willing to tackle new challenges and thrives with change. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What is it like to work here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles and positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it is not all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
We will trust you to:
- Provide an outstanding level of production support to our client base
- Demonstrate proactivity and ownership of client reported issues and projects
- Analyze and tackle issues related to our enterprise product suite and examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal partners across functions
- Work closely with our clients and our internal product, trade-desk, and engineering groups to facilitate speedy resolution to issues
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Communicate optimally in written correspondence with our customers and business partners
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented following standard methodologies
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable understanding of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- A positive attitude, focusing on collaboration as well as superb communication and presentation skills when working in a team
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
- Experience working in similar electronic trading application or OMS application support roles
- An understanding of the financial markets, and financial asset classes / products
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with a sense of urgency, multi-task, and optimally prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Demonstrated history of solving sophisticated problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical attitude
- Interest and aptitude in technology with a basic understanding of connectivity and automation
We'd love to see (pluses):
- Fluency in English as well as French
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- Exposure to programming / scripting languages or with SQL or transactional databases
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.