Program Manager/Scrum Leader
Posted Sep 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 119147
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news, and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
The Transformation Strategy & Delivery team specializes in program and change management who partner with our Workplace Operations & Supply Chain functions to deliver value driven outcomes to support business strategic initiatives.
What’s the Role?
The Transformation Strategy & Delivery Team is looking for a passionate Program Manager / Scrum Leader to join our team. Our team is responsible for organisational governance, program execution management, and strategic change leadership. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the execution of various initiatives across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver timely products and services, while ensuring effective change across our Enterprise. This highly visible role will be an excellent opportunity to work closely with our Leaders, internal clients, and Product Managers in implementing solutions.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Proactively lead multiple teams that consists of business & operational resources to deliver key initiatives and applying the scrum framework to ensure successful deployments
- Participate in actionable plans such as product roadmaps by working with Product Owners, Managers, and multi-disciplinary scrum teams to deliver products and services based on predefined business outcomes
- Ensure teams adopt an agile scrum framework and apply a user centric approach for delivering products
- Lead scrum events to ensure milestones and results are met and dependencies are delivered
- Mentor teams to consistently follow an incremental delivery approach; hold them accountable for delivery, producing quality work and meet the definition of done
- Act as an escalation for teams, manage issues, anticipate risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Work in an ambiguous fast paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgement, flexibility, and hands-on delivery
- Drive process improvements efforts across multiple teams and deliver on expected outcomes
- Proactively navigate change activities related to delivery in collaboration with the Change Lead
You’ll Need to Have:
- 3+ years Program Management experience leading systems implementations, process improvements
- 5 + years of hands-on experience with SDLC methodology or Agile Scrum framework
- Demonstrate strong leadership engagement across business, operations and technology teams
- Managing schedules across teams and leading cross group collaboration across multi-disciplinary teams
- Organisational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in an ambiguous and fast environment; ability to work independently, be resilient, adaptable
- Exceptional project management skills; facilitation experience to influence and drive decision making with stakeholders by providing transparency and data visualisation; demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills with Leadership and project teams translating their vision into actional plans
- Ability to apply a user centric approach for delivering outcomes per business plans
We’d Love to See:
- A leadership style of supporting others and encouraging a collaborative environment
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration, holds self and team accountable, to empower the team to understand the overall goals that drive value for the business
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships to drive alignment across internal functions and business units and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Business Process Improvement experience specifically in Supply Chain processes a plus
- Program Management Certification (i.e. Prince2) or Agile Scrum Certification (CSM) a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org