Here at the Bloomberg New Energy Finance (Or BNEF for short) group, we provide leading analysis, tools and data for decision makers making an impact in the renewable energy space. We help clients stay on top of developments via our comprehensive web and mobile based platforms. Operating as a start-up within the larger enterprise, our responsibility is to develop & deploy cutting-edge software that meets the needs of myriad high profile customers.
We're seeking an energetic and talented software engineer to create and deliver industry leading tools to BNEF's clients. You will have the desire to learn and work with other languages and technologies.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with the Product Owner and be part of a self-organising Scrum team. You will focus on ETL, search technologies and integrating with other Bloomberg Products including BNEF’s web and mobile properties
- Lead and collaborate to help us build the best products. You will do this by writing scalable, efficient code designed with high availability and disaster recovery in mind, and identifying appropriate tooling for the task at hand
- Understand that our work is exploratory with a lot of unknowns going into a project. You should have an open mind, be pragmatic and have an organised attitude to make an impact within the team
You'll need to have:
- The ability to design enterprise level software with appropriate patterns
- Strong background in backend server side Python
- An interest or experience in backend server side PHP
- Experience in creating mutli-tier, real-time, service oriented applications
- Able to work effectively in a self-organising team
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
We'd love to see:
- Solr expertise or search domain knowledge
- Understanding of ETL systems
- You have previously been exposed to a Continuous Delivery environment
- Exposure to Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.