Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and it's our product. It's why thousands of companies partner with us. We're nearing one petabyte and growing, with no end in sight. Our data collects who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products.
We write high volume, low latency, multi-threaded applications on UNIX platforms that take data from global financial institutions and deliver that data into the Bloomberg ecosystem for onward distribution to Bloomberg customers.
Accuracy and correctness are key features of our data. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you can expect to be exposed to a range of different technologies and challenges. The QA professional will run manual and automated tests. You will work closely with the development team to ensure that applications are tested to the defined level of acceptance. In addition they will work with Engineering to support existing tools and research new technologies that can leverage manual/test automation and the existing tool set.
We are looking for highly capable and collaborative individuals who have a strong sense of ownership.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have excellent analytical/problem solving skills. You will analyze requirements and use cases and work together with business managers and analysts towards an agreed test plan
- Be an excellent communicator, able to report technical issues to business managers
- Coordinate test session with other teams involved in the project
- Create and execute manual and automated testing according to the agreed test plans
- Discover and document defects, create and maintain reports to be used for business acceptance
- Help developing test automation scripting
You'll need to have:
- Understanding of development lifecycle, software release processes and version control
- Knowledge of scripting (bash, python, ruby, etc.) to develop and mantain existing automations
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and command line tools
- Basic understanding of git/github, phabricator
- Basic exposure to HTML/web technologies
We'd love to see:
- Previous understanding of financial market data
- You take ownership of your work and are self-motivated when driving your projects
- Can-do attitude and comfort working in an extremely rapidly changing environment
- Experience designing and implementing Continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins.
- Familiarity with software development tools.
- Strong working knowledge of software testing practices and metrics.
- Excellent collaboration and partnering skills. You can effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence team members, immediate peer group and senior managers.
- A desire to learn new technologies and apply them where appropriate to improve the quality of our software and processes.
- A broad Market Data industry exposure or knowledge.
If this sounds like you:
Please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.