Posted Mar 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 101284
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest super sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund – we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up-to-the-millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
What’s the role?
As a Quantitative Developer, you will be responsible for working with a team dedicated to producing high quality Financial Modelling software. With the help of Quantitative Analyst and Computer Scientist professionals, you will be part of the team developing and enhancing the Bloomberg derivatives pricing library. This library is used throughout the company and supports the full spectrum of Bloomberg's Terminal and Enterprise analytics across all asset classes. Experience with large scale software design and implementation within a financial context is the key to the success of this role and team.
You’ll need to have most of:
- Experience with large-scale software design and implementation within a financial context
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Self-reliant collaborator who loves sharing knowledge, helping people, improving processes and interacting with others
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- C++ (11/14/17) skills
- Proficient doing modern Linux development
- Working experience with gcc and clang compilers
- Competent in scripting and shell skills (e.g. Python, bash)
- Availability to be in the Bloomberg office three days each week
We'd also love to see:
- Experience of functional languages such as OCaml, Haskell or F#
- Skilled in addressing performance improvements in quantitative libraries
- Experience with build/release process on multiple platforms (e.g. experience of Team City/Jenkins, CMake, Bazel, Buck, dpkg or distributed build tools)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.