Radio Producer - London
Posted Jun 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 91128
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Radio has a rare opportunity for a motivated, hardworking Producer to join its radio team in London. In this full-time position, the Producer will work side by side with the European breakfast show's executive producer to write, book and direct 4 hours of morning programming and a 30-minute midday politics show. The Producer will select stories, write scripts, edit audio, and work in the control room to help direct the show. Candidates for this opening should have extensive experience in writing and audio storytelling, strong editorial judgment, commitment to detail and the ability to work with a positive attitude alongside colleagues in an extremely fast-paced environment.
This person will demonstrate a creative approach to tasks, have an enthusiastic work ethic and strong multitasking skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist with producing a daily news program focused on U.K. and EMEA stories with global impact and a midday show focused on U.K. Politics
- Write and edit broadcast scripts
- Communicate and coordinate with reporters across the newsroom
- Record, cut and mix audio for broadcasts
- Direct show anchors from the control room
- Contribute to writing and producing original audio packages and podcasts
- Identify and book influential guests for the shows
- Push content out on social media, driving more listeners to our programming
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of mid-major market radio, podcast and/or news production experience
- Strong editorial news and production skills
- Business news experience preferred
- Exceptional broadcast writing skills
- Knowledge of Abode Audition audio editing software preferred
- General computer and networking knowledge
- Proficiency with newsroom software systems and agility with Windows
- Proficiency in social media tools such as social flow and audiograms
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Flexibility to adjust working schedule as business needs require
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com