Real-Time Event Extraction Analyst
Posted Feb 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 65225
What's the Role?
You’re the type of person who has a passion for working with the latest technology and you enjoy solving complex problems. Your friends all know you as the one who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process.
As a member of our Data Extraction team, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining scripts to extract data in milliseconds from important, market-moving documents. Our customers expect real-time information on company financials and macroeconomic data to help them understand what’s driving global financial markets. Our proprietary document extraction technology allows us to break more news to our customers as quickly as possible.
A tenacious problem solver, you will identify the optimal methods to use when building and maintaining our extraction and automation scripts. You will collaborate with Global Data and News partners to identify new opportunities for acquisition and the most efficient manner to obtain them. Additionally, you will be tasked with identifying opportunities for efficiency and to collaborate with the management team to implement enhancements to the product. Finally, you will measure your extraction performance and identify areas in which recall or precision can be improved. Each of these components plays an integral role in delivering timely, accurate and complete information to our clients.
What we do in Real-Time Event Extraction:
- Identify patterns in documents and use proprietary software to build scripts that automatically extract key financial data within milliseconds of their publication
- Generate automated headlines that are delivered in microseconds to subscribers of the Bloomberg Professional service and machine-readable news customers
- Update databases of financial data for timely delivery for our clients
- Think creatively to find new solutions to automation challenges and improve speed of the processes
- Work closely with Business and Engineering teams to identify process improvement and product expansion opportunities
- Liaise with stakeholders to gather requirements, scope projects, and develop project plans
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow improvements and use cutting-edge technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Assist in monitoring and communicating progress throughout each project's development life-cycle
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Native-level written and spoken proficiency in English
- Experience building simple data-processing algorithms in any programming language
- Understanding of company financial statements and earnings reports
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with web crawling, database management and SQL
- Experience with Digital Media or Data Journalism, with sound news judgement
- Proven understanding of data science principles
- Experience using Python, Matlab or R for data analysis
- Experience building business analytics tools
- Experience working with financial statements and company earnings reports
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.