Recruitment Team Leader - News, Media & Research - EMEA
Posted Jan 31, 2024 - Requisition No. 122945
We are the News, Research and Media EMEA recruitment team. We manage full life-cycle recruitment for roles across Bloomberg News - one of the world’s leading financial news organisations, producing roughly 5,000 stories a day and has earned more than 800 awards since it was founded in 1990; BloombergNEF (BNEF) - the world’s leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport, technology, and commodities; Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) - the research arm of Bloomberg News, collecting and hosting data on 100+ industries and 4,000+ companies for a wide range of clients; and Media - a premium 24/7 media network, delivering business and financial news across every platform and every time zone.
We are passionate, hard-working, and collaborative. We partner closely with our businesses to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, and use these insights to develop a comprehensive strategy to attract and hire top level talent. We bring creative ideas, curiosity, and insight to the table, backed up with market knowledge and a data-driven approach. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we are known for.
What’s the role?
We are seeking a Recruitment Team Lead for News, Media & Research, to lead a team of experienced recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators who are based in London. You will use your ideas, curiosity and market knowledge to set and implement innovative recruiting strategies, culminating in an outstanding candidate and internal client experience for our hiring teams. In alignment with our diversity strategy, an important objective of this role will be to ensure we are attracting, engaging and retaining diverse talent. You will be part of a strong global leadership team, collaborating on global initiatives and the global News, Media and Research talent acquisition strategy.
On a day-to-day basis you are a player-coach, recruiting for some of our business areas whilst developing and leading your team. You'll build strong advisory relationships with key business leaders on a global and regional level, develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to bring the best candidates to the table. You’ll also initiate and cultivate new insights and drive excellence in our recruiting processes as well as engage across industries and external networks, to stay relevant and adjust strategies in a changing environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Operate as a player–coach within the recruiting team, taking the lead recruiting role with various businesses based on critical business challenges and opportunities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the business and proactively advise hiring managers on an ongoing basis to understand their current and future hiring needs and strategy
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching approach
- Drive diversity and inclusion recruiting initiatives to expand our diverse talent pipeline, including partnering with our D&I Business Champions and D&I Client Partners
- Engage and retain top talent within your own team and the broader recruiting function
- Partner with the various senior managers and our internal HR community to deliver against a bold hiring plan while building out our team, systems and processes
- Lead large initiatives, strategic projects and programs focused on equipping the business with the tools they need to hire top talent
- Support the business as an impactful coach and enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity for all talent acquisition priorities
- Partner in a talent management culture working closely with regional and global peers – HR Business Partners, Internal Mobility, Talent Leadership & Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Relations, and Immigration
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and supervise retention metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of hiring processes and approach
- Lead key projects and initiatives, both regionally and globally, to drive the execution of long-term strategic recruitment efforts
- Leverage and interpret data to drive hiring strategy with the business
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
Implement initiatives to foster an inspiring culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
You need to have:
- 10+ years of agency/search firm and/or in-house experience with recruiting and leading a team
- Extensive experience partnering with internal leaders to build and successfully implement talent acquisition strategies
- Strong relationship management, a consultative approach, the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and optimally network within a heavily matrixed organisation
- A collaborative and customer service approach
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, multitask, be client-focused, and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Strong candidate assessment and interviewing skills
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate and present to senior leaders with ease
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- A history of making data-driven decisions
We’d love to see:
- Experience recruiting & hiring experienced news and media professionals
- A passion for global financial markets, companies, and economies
- Demonstrated success driving diversity recruiting initiatives
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.