Regional Head of Leadership & Talent Development - EMEA
Posted Nov 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 111866
We work with purpose at Bloomberg. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and building curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world-class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realise their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organisation. We believe that having the right leaders is critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We are constantly challenged to meet firm-wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organisation.
You're the leader that everybody wants to work with. You celebrate success learning from mistakes, adjusting course throughout. You lead inclusive teams, recognising the strengths that each individual brings; your mission is to empower the team to deliver. As a Bloomberg leader, you want to ensure each person has the toolkit and support they need to succeed in our fast-paced environment. You're obsessed with developing talent, but not just on your team. You understand the importance of building an environment of learning across departments and around the globe.
If you see the vision to create an unparalleled learning environment consistent with our culture and goal of acquiring and developing best-in-class talent, we want to talk to you.
We are Global Leadership and Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organisational development specialists working alongside HRBP’s, recruiters and business leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope, diverse businesses and a desire to remain nimble. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping develop existing leaders and identify and develop high potential talent.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a passionate Leadership & Talent Development Leader to lead subject matter specialists across our EMEA businesses. You'll partner with the Global Head of Leadership & Talent Development to implement new strategies, tools and technologies which contribute to the development of our people and businesses. You will lead the regional strategy and implement key global initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and implement our global Leadership & Talent Development strategy in the region which includes the delivery of the core curriculum; identification of key/critical talent pools and fostering the development of key partnerships with the business to address bespoke needs
- Oversee the global coaching and assessment strategy for the organisation. Building the framework, processes and metrics to foster utilisation and drive impact. Ensure coaching and assessments are embedded in critical transition programs to accelerate leadership development
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with your regional counterparts, key HR stakeholders, senior business leaders both globally and regionally
- Establish yourself as the go-to talent expert in region providing thought leadership and counsel to key stakeholders; reinforce the brand and awareness of L&TD offerings
- Lead a team of regional partners to best support their businesses and stakeholders with a blended approach of Core programs and bespoke solutions that support our overall strategy
- Build a broad internal network, gain a deep understanding of the development needs of our talent at all levels, and drive a commercially relevant talent strategy
- Assist in curating the learning experience on our internal development portal and innovate to better leverage partners and technology for learning
- Be committed to measuring the effectiveness of everything we do and create compelling insight for senior leaders across the organisation
- Be a confident data-driven storyteller to influence direction and senior management with innovative approaches to onboarding, learning and development
- Bring a holistic approach to your work – connecting the dots, striving for synergies and being passionate about bringing a world-class development experience to employees across the enterprise
You'll need to have:
- Solid tenure of being a recognised people leader, ideally from a complex, international business within Financial or Professional Services.
- Deep understanding of talent assessment and application of psychometric tools
- Strong knowledge of best practices in talent management and leadership development
- A passion and curiosity for our businesses and the people who make them successful.
- A can-do, strategic approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large scale, ground-breaking projects requiring extensive organisational change
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, converting data and research into measurable people investment initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a matrix environment, interacting with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Confident influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- The agility to multitask, prioritise, and organise multiple projects/tasks concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com