Regional Program Manager - Leadership & Talent Development
Posted Aug 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 77018
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Talent, we're passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and building curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world-class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We're constantly challenged to meet firm wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organization.
What's the role?
Our Regional Program Manager, to be based in London, is a newly created position in our Global Leadership and Talent Development team. In this role you'll lead regional planning and provide program and project management of key priorities and strategies.
We'll trust you to:
- Project manage all key strategic priorities for Global Leadership and Talent Development programs in EMEA and APAC, along with Global Diversity Talent Programs
- Develop meeting schedules, detailed project plans and timelines, as well as project status reports for key projects
- Work with senior HR Leaders and the Global Program Manager for L&TD to deliver executive level summary updates and presentations, including business impact, and supporting data analysis
- Identify and manage inter-dependencies and risks, provide data governance across systems to ensure employee data is accessible and consistent across projects, business aligned Talent Partners and regions
- Ensure a project plan is in place for product development and marketing of our Leadership and Talent book of work across EMEA and APAC
- Collaborate with the regional leaders to develop a yearly calendar of leadership and core curriculum
- Ensure that data analysis is being used to plan for programs and to measure effectiveness of content and utilization of learning systems
- Manage budget and expenses across key projects and programs
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 7+ years* experience working with senior leadership to manage and deliver strategic program management enterprise wide
- Degree in Business Administration or HR / Organisational Development-Experience of managing complex projects to a high standard, within budget and to required time frames
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, presenting to individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment; comfortable resolving issues and managing risks
- A can-do approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus
- Experience driving cross functional prioritization and alignments on enterprise wide projects
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.