EMEA Regulatory Audit Director
Posted May 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 116245
Bloomberg Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance group that helps to keep Bloomberg safe from internal and external threats. We help Bloomberg accomplish objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach for assessing/improving the effectiveness of processes designed to protect our company. We provide assurance to our Audit Risk and Compliance Committee, Management, Chief Risk Officer, and Global Financial Regulators that risks to the organization are understood and managed appropriately. Currently, our Internal Audit team uses a hybrid resource model relying mainly on expertise and resources from a Big4 firm with minimal internal staffing.
What's The Role?
As a Regulatory Lead Auditor, you will further enhance our ability to identify issues and provide valuable recommendations to management that consider our unique culture. You will:
- Lead audits of Bloomberg’s regulated businesses globally. This includes, but is not limited to, our US based Swap Execution Facility and European Trading Facilities.
- Have responsibility for all phases of the internal audit lifecycle, including the day-to-day management of teams.
- Work with stakeholders to identify the risks in their organization that could keep Bloomberg from achieving our goals, while providing pragmatic and proactive recommendations for risk reduction.
- Have a role in growing our reputation as we build an innovative model for internal audit that adapts leading audit practices to our agile environment.
Note, while the role is a Lead Auditor role, this role has no direct in-house reporting staff; all staff you’ll be managing will be co-sourced through our “Big4” external partner.
We'll Trust You To:
- Work with business units, other risk focused teams, and our co-sourced audit partner’s subject matter specialists to identify and evaluate: regulatory risks that could impact our business’s ability to meet our objectives or draw regulatory scrutiny, internal controls to mitigate those risks, and opportunities for improvements.
- Participate in regulated entities governance forums (such as Boards and Risk Committees) to discuss risk & control issues, challenge management, and identify opportunities for Internal Audit to support our stakeholders.
- Oversee and challenge the work done by the audit engagement team to document, review, and test the design and performance of processes meant to mitigate risks within our regulated trading venues and data reporting services.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt standard best practices for internal audit considering our dynamic culture and environment.
- Partner with other assurance providers internally to demonstrate test results that help build an aligned picture of risks and control effectiveness across our company.
- Play an active role in completing audit reports: reviewing, challenging, and distributing drafts, gathering/evaluating management action plans, and tracking/validating remedial actions.
- Assist in preparing for senior executive presentations to regulated entity Boards and Bloomberg's Audit Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Manage relationships across teams that provide firm-wide support for better collaboration and identification of key risks, expected controls, and significant changes across managed processes. These teams can include: Business Risk Officers, Compliance, Information Technology and other assurance providers.
- Mature all aspects of the Internal Audit program, including the tools we use to risk assess our audit universe and collect the results of our audits.
- Assist in the development of tests that use data analysis to provide a deep view of control effectiveness.
You'll Need To Have:
- 12+ years of work experience in Internal Audit, preferably as a Lead Auditor for regulated businesses or regulated subsidiaries of a large, global organization.
- Experience working with financial regulators, such as the Financial Conduct Authority, European Securities and Markets Authority, or Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Demonstrated strong professional judgment, critical thinking and written/oral communication skills (e.g., persuasion, influence, conflict resolution).
- Comfort creating material for, and direct engagement with, large regulatory agencies.
- Understanding of regulated control environments.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and effectiveness for our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
We'd Love To See:
- Familiarity with MiFID II / MiFIR, Dodd-Frank, and / or Broker/Dealer regulations.
- Experience conducting internal audits at a FinTech or Financial Services organization.
- Knowledge of trading platforms and trade life-cycle.
- Experience with Archer and Qlik Sense (or other Governance Risk Control and data visualization tools).
- Experience using a Bloomberg Terminal
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, and in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.