Regulatory Reporting - Assurance Product Manager
Posted Nov 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 111251
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been unrelenting for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, MiFIR, EMIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business on top of our award winning MiFIR regulatory reporting hub and complementing our regulated entities (ARM & APA). We’re looking for a regulatory specialist with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions.
What's the role?
- You will join the BRRS team as a Regulatory Reporting Product Manager with a focus on the Assurance product.
- You'll have direct responsibility for defining, developing, testing and implementing the business development of BRRS’s Regulatory Reporting solutions. You will have a good comprehension of regulatory obligations in the Reporting space, e.g. EMIR, among others.
- You’ll support the delivery of an Assurance platform that ensures accuracy and completeness of our clients transaction reporting obligations. You’ll work with technology teams to specify the technical and functional requirements to test our client have reported complete, accurate and timely submissions to their regulators.
- You will know what’s important and how to identify sophisticated rules that test reporting considering trends, anomalies and patterns that will help us identify errors that will pass TR's/ARM/Regulators basic exceptions but still lead to errors in reporting. The tools and enhanced rules that you define and build in partnership with engineering will be leveraged to test our clients completeness and accuracy, understand the health of both internal and client workflows, identify possible operational or regulatory breaches before clients or regulators identify them in their own data.
- Support in developing a robust governance framework in partnership with the Assurance product BA's and BRRS Business development team for change handled to ensure our product is incorporating any changes from our supported TR's/ARM's
We'll trust you to:
- Take a lead role in product design, development and roll out of new solutions. You will also play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of existing solutions
- Liaise with Engineering regarding the technical realisation of solutions, writing technical and functional specifications
- Specify the detailed rules, the user stories and use cases for new solutions
- Work closely with Engineering teams to understand the details of our products, workflows and data processing
- Working with implementation and analytics to deliver client satisfaction [Working groups, User Training, Client feedback, Client measurement, Internal training]
- Sales enablement - aligning, educating, advocating and empowering sales and account management teams [Marketing plan, Sales campaigns, Sales tools, Buyer personas, Case studies, Win/Loss analysis, Demo scripts and content]
- Collaborate extensively with the Sales and Business development team to proactively seek out and find product improvement opportunities where there is client demand
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience* working within financial services/regulatory environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent data analysis skills and an ability to work with data and turn it into information and operational insights
- A real passion for building positive relationships with internal colleagues to ensure the successful build and execution of the product
- Knowledge of fixed income, Equities and Derivatives, electronic execution, trade & transaction reporting, trade repositories / data reporting service providers, and front to back-office workflows
- An understanding of what “GOOD” looks like as it pertains to the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of regulatory reporting and/or the expectations of regulators who supervise and control regulatory reporting
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org