Regulatory Reporting Assurance Product Manager
Posted Feb 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 100458
We’re looking for a thought leader, innovator and subject matter expert to help expand our award winning Assurance Services business. Bloomberg’s Assurance Services [Formerly RegTek Solutions] is a product that continues to evolve as we expand regulatory coverage, continue to grow our client base and stay ahead of regulatory and market driven changes to our regulatory portfolio.
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been unrelenting for global investment firms, banks, broker/dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, EMIR, SFTR, MiFIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services product on top of our established MiFIR regulatory reporting hub, complemented by our regulated reporting venues (ARM & APA).
What’s the role?
You will join the BRRS team as a Senior Product Manager and SME with a focus on Regulatory Assurance Solutions. You will help drive the strategy around the Assurance business and drive the path of growth as we expand client acquisition. You will own the Regulatory Intelligence (a.k.a. Rules) of our assurance platform ensuring this primary asset is accurate, current and business ready. You will own the product roadmap and key deliveries. You will be responsible for educating internal stakeholders and clients on the merits of robust assurance controls and the demands of regulators and senior managers.
You’ll support our pre-sales efforts, working with account managers and sales people to describe what Assurance Services offer. You will help our clients to understand how these services integrate with their reporting solutions and meet or exceed regulatory expectations. You’ll take feedback from clients and leverage it to ensure we provide a better product to the market.
You’ll work along side a team of Regulatory SMEs to oversee our regulatory horizon scanning, participate in industry working groups and events to ensure our tools are staying ahead of the deadlines and aligned with trends and the expectations with regard to control and oversight. You’ll engage our global regulatory relations teams to ensure that as a business we’re well informed and we inform our own industry lobbyists on what we and our client’s needs are.
Bloomberg is a technology provider and you’ll work with our functional product managers and engineering leads to innovate and enhance our product set, with a specific focus on what Senior Managers, Compliance Officers and Regulators expect from the automated controls and oversight tools that our Assurance Services offer.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of BRRS Regulatory intelligence needs across our Regulatory Assurance Services suite of tools.
- Build and maintain the horizon scanning and roadmaps that define why, where and how our regulatory intelligence will evolve over time.
- Specify the detailed rules and the user stories and use cases where this regulatory intelligence applies across the various regulatory jurisdictions.
- Work with individual Jurisdictional SME’s in the product team to extract and document the specific needs of their supported regulations.
- Work with Sales to educate them on market relevant content and rules that underpin our solutions, highlight the high value use cases and regulatory drivers for our assurance products.
- Work with Sales on RFI’s, RFP’s and Sales pitches to ensure we are putting forward an informed and educated representation of our regulatory products
- Participate in working groups and industry bodies or events to learn and inform our product vision while presenting Bloomberg’s BRRS credentials.
- Work with clients and our support desk (analytics) or implementation teams on an as needed basis to help them resolve regulatory or market specific questions on reporting content, rules and work flows.
- Work with our Reporting Services product managers to ensure they understand and leverage our regulatory intelligence engines to deliver accurate, complete and timely outcomes for our clients
- Work with our Marketing team to provide thought leadership and ensure we represent relevant, accurate and high value regulatory intelligence in all our market facing collateral and presentations. Including chairing or contributing to market facing events and creating or contributing to content for public distribution.
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of experience working in a regulatory environment, understanding of the regulations and the processes, procedures and frameworks that have driven the evolution of regulatory reporting post the financial crisis.
- A strong view on product capabilities and designing best-in-class accuracy, completeness and timeliness solutions for Sell Side and Buy Side firms.
- Direct experience in implementing, controlling or auditing more than one regulation: [MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR, DFA (CFTC | SBSR), MAS, ASIC, HKMA, JFSA, MMSR, FinFRAG]
- Compliance or operations expertise in the mechanisms and procedures that are desired or demanded by financial firms and/or regulators to oversee and control regulatory reporting.
- Knowledge of fixed income, Equities and Derivatives, electronic execution, trade & transaction reporting, trade repositories, and front to back office workflows.
- Excellent data analysis skills and an ability to work with data and turn it into information and operational insights.
We’d love to see: (Optional)
Direct Regulatory experience – working for one of the primary regulatory bodies that oversee these regulations e.g. FCA, ESMA or other equivalent body.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.