Reporter - Rates - Europe
Posted Apr 11, 2018 - Requisition No. 66476
Europe's bond and money markets are at the forefront of the great unwinding of central bank easy monetary policies as they return to normalization. We're seeking a Reporter with a high-level technical expertise and understanding of the rates trading community who can generate granular and sophisticated context on intraday and day-to-day developments as well as bigger picture step-back pieces. Understanding what's driving these markets and being able to capture it in both written and audio streams is a crucial part of the role. The position is based in London as part of the FX/Rates team.
We'll expect you to:
- Tap a broad network of market participants in the rates markets to seek instant reaction to breaking news and explain market activity or analyse trends
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both "what's happening" and "what it means," as well as longer analytical pieces particularly in the context of macroeconomic and political developments and monetary and fiscal policy
- Rely on technical skills and knowledge of the mechanics of cash and futures rates markets as well as STIR to identify and interpret trends and test your ideas
- Contribute to a squawk product with regular updates on market-moving news
You'll need to have:
- Broad contacts in the rates trading community and a good understanding of options markets
- Experience reporting on these markets and/or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader) is critical
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions, charting and technical analysis skills
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news as well as ability to contribute to an audio product
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.